Transylvania Castles Day Tour
A day trip to remember! Discover a relic of Romania’s past at the Fagaras Citadel, visit Bran Castle - a.k.a Dracula's Castle - and one of the hidden gems of Romania, Rasnov Fortress!
RASNOV FORTRESS IS CLOSED, for the moment! Anyhow, we could visit the outside walls and exterior court. We visit other site, instead (eg. The St Bartholomew Evangelical church / Cristian Saxon Fortified Church / Valea Cetatii Cave). The guide will inform you about the options.
Period: all year round.
Days of departure: Tuesday - Sunday (Monday - Fagasas Citadel is closed)
- 149 euro for 1 person (When you book the rate as 1 person, in case we have other clients, we refund the difference you paid as solo traveler, after the tour).
- 99 euro/person for minimum 2 people
Meeting point: The History Museum Piata Sfatului Square – 8:30 AM. Our guide holds the sign "Meeting Point GUARANTEED DEPARTURES DAY TOURS”.
Duration: 8:30 AM - 6 PM (aprox.)
We start the tour in Brasov at 9:00 and we drive about 1 hour to Fagaras town where we visit Fagaras Citadel. Situated right in the heart of central Romania, the Fagaras fortress in the town of the same name represents one of Eastern Europe’s largest and best-preserved feudal Castle complexes. Unquestionably the most-visited site in the medieval old town of the city, the castle was once the kingpin of regional power. Throughout the 17th century, the citadel was expanded continuously, reflecting the growing wealth of a centre that exercised control over much of Transylvania and central Romania.
Immerse yourself in the legends of Transylvania with a visit to Bran Castle and Râșnov.
Departing from Fagaras, we drive about 1 hour with a stop at Bran Castle, also known as ‘Dracula’s Castle’ - a hilltop estate that conjures up visions of howling wolves and bats fluttering in the moonlight. Wander the castle’s Gothic chambers and learn about its ties to Bram Stoker’s undead antihero. Enter if you dare and wander through the castle’s many well-preserved rooms and chambers with your guide. Gothic furnishings and details help set the scene for ghastly legends of all that happened here, including the imprisonment of Vlad the Impaler. This 15th-century prince was notorious for his bloodthirsty campaigns against invading Turks and is said to have inspired Stoker’s malevolent Count Dracula.
A short drive brings you to Râșnov to explore its imposing, 13th-century fortress, a walled stone compound designed to ward off attacks by the fierce Tartars and used as a refuge for local villagers during medieval warfare.
- 85 euro/person
- min. 2 people, for 1 person the rate is as for 2 people
- transportation: by car or minibus with air conditioning system; Licensed English speaking tour guide, entrance fees
- Your local contact is Active Travel Day Tours on 0040728804952.
- Please note: Complimentary pick-up is from Brasov offered for this tour/activity. If you require this service you must contact Active Travel at
- Locally on 0040728804952
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please be ready at least 10 minutes prior to departure time.