Small-Group day trip to the unique volcanic lake in Eastern Europe
An epic day trip to to the most amazing and unique volcanic lake in Eastern Europe and the land of the mineral waters.
Days of departure: every day.
Duration of tour: 8-10 hours
Meeting point: The History Museum Piata Sfatului Square – 8:30 AM. Our guide holds the sign "Meeting Point GUARANTEED DEPARTURES DAY TOURS”.
- 110 euro for 1 person (When you book the rate as 1 person, in case we have other clients, we refund the difference you payed as solo traveler, after the tour).
- 74 euro/person for minimum 2 people
Important: You have to make the booking 1 day in advance until 8 PM!
- transportation: by car or minibus with air conditioning system; Licensed English speaking tour guide; Complimentary pick up/drop off from your location in BrasovNot included:
- entrance fees, lunch, drinks
After 1,5-2 h driving from Brasov you would reach the magnificent area of Saint Ana’s Lake situated at 950 m altitude in the Ciomat Mountains. Its splendour and beauty would take the breath of every visitor. The lake formed in the crater of a volcano erupted about 32000 years ago and became one of the most favourite destinations in Transylvania for those who desire to escape into nature. Not only the beauty of the lake and its surroundings but the legends mesmerize those interested. Opposite the lake, in a second crater nature took its course and formed a peat bog, a protected area with unique carnivorous plants ‘’Drosera rotundifolia’’, miniature conifers and many others. (visits only during summer). After the visit to the lake and bog, the tour guide will drive to Balvanyos and after the vehicle was parked an easy to medium up-hill walk (aprox 30 min) would be required to the ‘’Stinky Caves’’ and to the ‘’Bird Cemetery’’. Thanks to the post volcanic activity at these locations sulphurous gas emanations are present which would be presented and explained by the guide with fun tricks and stories. What would be the better end of the day before driving back to Brasov than enjoying some of the different types of mineral water springs in Tusnad Bai resort, which naturally come out of the ground and are used constantly by locals and visitors for their medical benefits.
- Your local contact is Active Travel Day Tours on 0040728804952.
- Please note: Complimentary pick-up from Brasov is offered for this tour/activity (as specified on the tour). If you require this service you must contact Active Travel Day Tours at
- Locally on 0040728804952
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please be ready at least 10 minutes prior to departure time.