Private Fagaras Mountains Trekking Tour
This is a 1 day trekking tour and, during this time, you have the opportunity to hike on the most important massif of Romania, Fagaras Mountains.
- 90 euro/person (minimum 2 people, for 1 person the rate is as for 2 people)
The package includes:
- transportation by car or minibus, licensed English speaking mountain guide
- drinks, lunch
Guaranteed departures: all year round.
Meeting point: The History Museum Piata Sfatului Square – 8:00 AM. Our guide holds the sign "Meeting Point GUARANTEED DEPARTURES DAY TOURS”.
Important: You have to make the booking 1 day in advance until 8 PM!
This is a 1 day trekking tour and, during this time, you have the opportunity to hike on the most important massif of Romania, Fagaras Mountains. We drive on Transfagarasan road (Transfagarasan road is open between July 1 - October 31!). The tour starts from/ends in Brasov.
Once there, it will be decided if the tour will take a hike up to the Vanatoarea lui Buteanu peak of 2,507 meters, or if you will instead enjoy a walk around the lake (this is all depending of weather conditions on that given day).
At the end of the trip, you will have the option to enjoy a lunch at the Balea Lake Hotel. The total hike takes around 4-5 hours. From November to June, the hike will be taken on a different route in Fagaras Mountains, in the Valea Sambetei area.
Transfagarasan road - built as a strategic military route, it is the highest (2042m) and most dramatic paved road in Romania. It runs North to South across the highest sections of the Carpathian Mountains. The road connects the historic regions of Transylvania and Wallachia.
Balea Lac is a natural glacier lake at 2040m, 360 meters long, 240 meters wide and 11 meters deep.
Balea Waterfall with its 60 meters height it is one of the most famous waterfalls in Romania.
Duration: 9 - 11 hours (driving about 4 hours, hiking about 5 hours).
Details about trekking tour:
- number of participants: minimum 1, maximum 6.
- mountain tour requires a very good physical shape, with resistance to hard effort.
- licensed mountain guide during the entire trekking tour.
- Your local contact is Active Travel Day Tours on 0040728804952.
- Please note: Complimentary pick-up from Brasov is offered for this tour/activity. If you require this service you must contact Active Travel Day Tours at
- Locally on 0040728804952
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please be ready at least 10 minutes prior to departure time.
Difficulty grade: See Classification of the trekking and hiking tours