Hike in the wild private photo tour
Private day hike on Taga Mountains from Brasov, a remote and wild area nearby Piatra Craiului National Park.
Walk on unmarked forests roads with astonishing landscapes over the Southern Carpathians which surround the Burzenland - a historic and ethnographic area in southeastern Transylvania with a mixed population of Romanians, Germans, and Hungarians, also known as "The Little Transylvania": Piatra Mare and Postavarul Massifs, Baiului Mountains, Bucegi Natural Park, Iezer-Papusa Mountains, Fagaras Mountains and of course Piatra Craiului National Park. Cross deep forests and meadows with wild flowers from where we have one of the best spots to make photos over the surroundings mountains. Romania, according to the National Geographic, is on the 7th place in TOP 10 Places to See Autumn Leaves - so do not miss the opportunity to have a hike in this period of time. During summer time, June - September, when the shepherds move the sheep and the cows up into the mountains, we can pay a visit to an authentic sheep farm in order to taste the cheese. During winter time we can identify the wildlife tracks in snow - bear, wolf, stag, wild boar. So, if you are looking for a once in a lifetime experience photo tour just make a step in the wild to feel free.
- 59 euro/person (minimum 2 people, for 1 person the rate is as for 2 people)
The package includes:
- transportation, licensed English speaking mountain guide
- picnic lunch (6 euro) - book it online
Duration: approx. 8 h, medium, excellent view throughout the day, uphill/downhill walk: 700 m/700 m.
Highlights: Astonisihing views of Piatra Mare and Postavarul Massifs, Baiului Mountains, Bucegi Natural Park, Iezer-Papusa Mountains, Fagaras Mountains and of course Piatra Craiului National Park.
Guaranteed departures: all year round.
Meeting point: The History Museum Piata Sfatului Square – 8:30 AM. Our guide holds the sign "Meeting Point GUARANTEED DEPARTURES DAY TOURS”.
Important: You have to make the booking 1 day in advance until 8 PM!
- Dress warmly: Compulsory sturdy and waterproof hiking shoes; warm clothes recommended
- Route may be changed without notice due to weather conditions
Details about trekking tour:
- number of participants: minimum 1, maximum 6.
- transportation is made by car or minibus.
- mountain tour requires a good physical shape, with resistance to medium effort.
- licensed mountain guide during the entire trekking tour.
- Your local contact is Active Travel Day Tours on 0040728804952.
- Please note: Complimentary pick-up from Brasov is offered for this tour/activity. If you require this service you must contact Active Travel Day Tours at
- Locally on 0040728804952
- By email at email@example.com
- Please be ready at least 10 minutes prior to departure time.