Unesco Fortified Churches and Sighisoara Citadel Small-Group Day Tour from Brasov
A unique way to discover the spectacular UNESCO Wold Heritage Sites from The Székely Land and the Medieval Sighisoara.
- 130 euro for 1 person (When you book the rate as 1 person, in case we have other clients, we refund the difference you paid as solo traveler, after the tour).
- 80 euro/person for minimum 2 people
The package includes:
- transportation: by car or minibus with air conditioning system
- Licensed English speaking tour guide
- entrance fees, lunch, drinks, tips
Duration: 8-9 h
Guaranteed departure: April - October, except Monday!
Meeting point: The History Museum Piata Sfatului Square – 8:30 AM. Our guide holds the sign "Meeting Point GUARANTEED DEPARTURES DAY TOURS”.
You have to make the booking 1 day in advance until 8 PM!
Route: Brasov - Darjiu - Mugeni - Sighisoara - Rupea - Brasov
Begin your tour by meeting your guide in the centre of Brasov who will drive you with a car or minivan for 1.5h. During the journey we can enjoy little Trasylvanian villages and scenic landscapes. Discover the Szekely Land (Szekler-Land) which is a historic and ethnographic area in Transylvania, Romania, inhabited mainly by Hungarians. Your guide will introduce you into the fascinating and colourful history of Transylvania.
As soon as we arrive to Darjiu a wonderful Unitarian fortified church reveals itself to us. The church goes back to the XIV-century and belongs to Unesco Heritage Sites since 1999, hides unique frescos about the famous legend of Saint Ladislau-Protector of Transylvania. The frescoes inside the church are considered the most impressive creations from medieval Transylvania. Apart from the frescos and the beautiful church there are the majestic defensive walls and bastions what we can explore. The church, together with the surrounding village, is one of the villages with fortified churches in Transylvania, belonging to Unesco World Heritage Sites.
The next stop will be in Mugeni which is a larger village in Harghita County, Romania. It lies in the Szekely Land (Szekler Land), an ethnocultural region in eastern Transylvania. Here we can discover one of the most important medieval church of the Szekler area of Transylvania built in the XIII-XIV-centuries. The mural paintings of this church are the best preserved. Besides Saint Ladislau's legend we can discover the murals of Saint Margaret and scenes from the Last Judgement.
Before driving back to Brasov we will visit the only city in Romania which looks exactly the same way as in the XVIth century - Sighisoara, so rich in history that the entire citadel is a Unesco site. Hear about the medieval town’s legendary former resident Vlad the Impaler, a Wallachian prince and warlord who inspired Bram Stocker’s fictional character Dracula.
Take a trip back in time by joining this day tour and simply get all the inside information your guide has to offer.
- Your local contact is Active Travel Day Tours on 0040728804952.
- Please note: Complimentary pick-up from Brasov is offered for this tour/activity. If you require this service you must contact Active Travel Day Tours at
- Locally on 0040728804952
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please be ready at least 10 minutes prior to departure time.