Tailor made tour Transfagarasan Highway and Hiking in Fagaras Mountains September 2019
Guaranteed Departure: 21.09 - 24.09.2019. SPECIAL OFFER! 2 More Seats Available!
- 399 euro/person
The package includes:
- 3 nights with breakfast in twin room
- 3 dinners
- licensed English speaking mountain guide
- transportation by car
21.09: We leave from Bucharest around 8:30 am and we drive to Poienari (aprx. 2 hours driving). Accommodation in the area. We hike on the epic Stan's Gorge – a 4 hours hiking trip on an impressive canyon with ladders and via ferrata. Dinner.
22.09: Breakfast. We are driving on Transfagarasan Highway as know as "the Road to the Sky", "the Road to the Clouds", "the Best Driving Road in the World" and even "A spectacular Monument to Earth-Moving Megalomania" (aprx. 90 minutes)! We visit Vidraru Dam, Poienari Fortress, the real Vlad Tepes' Residential Castle - access to the citadel is made by climbing the 1,480 concrete stairs. We stay 2 nights at Balea Lake Hotel 3*. We do a 3-5 hours hike in the area. Dinner.
23.09: Breakfast. Full day hiking tour in Fagaras Mountains. We decide on the spot what route we choose. Dinner.
24.09: Breakfast. Transfer to the airport of Bucharest (aprx. 4 hours). We drive on the northern part of Transfagarasan road - the best one!
Details about trekking tour:
- optimal time: June - October
- number of participants: minimum 1, maximum 10.
- mountain tour requires a very good physical shape, with resistance to medium effort.
- licensed mountain guide during the entire trekking tour.
- the route could be changed because of the weather conditions.
- Compulsory equipment: waterproof hiking boots and clothes; warm clothes.