Small-Group Day tour Transfagarasan road and Poienari Fortress
Driving on Transfagarasan Highway as know as "the Road to the Sky", "the Road to the Clouds", "the Best Driving Road in the World" and even "A spectacular Monument to Earth-Moving Megalomania"!
Poienari Fortress is closed, for the moment, because of the bears encounters in the area! Instead of this we can visit The Cistercian Abbey of Carta, Sambata de Sus Monastery and/or Fagaras Fortress!
- 55 euro/person; (minimum 2 people, for 1 person the rate is as for 2 people)
The package includes:
- transportation: by car or minibus with air conditioning system
- English speaking tour guide
- entrance fees, lunch, drinks, tips
Duration: 10 h
Highlights: Transfagarasan road, Balea glacial lake, Balea waterfall, Poienari fortress
Guaranteed departure: all year round!
Meeting point: The History Museum Piata Sfatului Square – 8:30 AM. Our guide holds the sign "Meeting Point GUARANTEED DEPARTURES DAY TOURS”.
Important: You have to make the booking 1 day in advance until 8 PM!
Route: Brasov - Transfagarasan road – Vidradu Dam - Poienari - Brasov (depending of the season: Transfagarasan road is open between July 1 - October 31!). When the road is closed we visit Poienari Fortress or Balea Waterfall (we choose the route on the spot).
Visit Poienari Fortress, the real Vlad Tepes' Residential Castle and we drive on Transfagarasan highway, built as a strategic military route, is the second-highest paved road in Romania and considered by some to be the most dramatic. Access to the citadel is made by climbing the 1,480 concrete stairs.
Transfagarasan road - built as a strategic military route, it is the highest (2042m) and most dramatic paved road in Romania. It runs North to South across the highest sections of the Carpathian Mountains. The road connects the historic regions of Transylvania and Wallachia.
Fagaras mountains – the highest mountains of Romania and the Carpathian range with highest peak Moldoveanu -2544m.
Balea Lac is a natural glacier lake at 2040m, 360 meters long, 240 meters wide and 11 meters deep
Balea Waterfall with its 60 meters height it is one of the most famous waterfalls in Romania
- Your local contact is Active Travel Day Tours on 0040728804952.
- Please note: Complimentary pick-up from Brasov is offered for this tour/activity. If you require this service you must contact Active Travel Day Tours at
- Locally on 0040728804952
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please be ready at least 10 minutes prior to departure time.