Active trekking tour Bucegi & Fagaras Mountains - 9 days
This is a 9 day trekking tour and, during this time, you have the opportunity to cross two of the most important massifs of Romania, Bucegi and Fagaras Mountains.
- 699 euro/person for a group of 10
- 790 euro/person for a group of 8
- 850 euro/person for a group of 6
- 990 euro/person for a group of 4
The package includes:
- transfer to/from Bucharest airport
- private transfers throughout the trip
- full board
- licensed English speaking mountain guide
- drinks, personal expenses, ticket for the cable car (about 10 euro), personal expenses
DESCRIPTION & FEATURES OF THE TREKKING TOUR
This is a 9 day trekking tour and, during this time, you have the opportunity to cross two of the most important massifs of Romania, Bucegi and Fagaras Mountains, climbing the highest peaks of the Romanian Carpathians: Moldoveanu (2545 m), Negoiu (2535 m) and Vistea Mare (2527 m). Accommodation: chalets and boarding houses.
Day 1: Arrival in Romania. Transfer to Busteni town. Accommodation.
Day 2: Transportation by cable car to Babele Chalet. Trekking tour crossing Bucegi Mountains to Poarta Village (Bran). Lunch to go. Duration: 8-9 hours, long route, medium effort, amazing view all day long, downhill walk 1.700 m. Accommodation at boarding house in Bran area.
Day 3: Breakfast. Transfer Bran – Porumbacu de Sus Village (140 km). Trekking tour to Negoiu Chalet (1540 m): duration 4 – 5 hours, medium, uphill walk 800 m. Lunch to go. Accommodation at Negoiu Chalet (rooms with 2, 4 and 6 beds; shower and toilets on the hall). Dinner.
Day 4: Breakfast. During this day we climb the second highest peak of Romania, Negoiu, with the altitude of 2535 m: duration 4 - 5 hours, medium to hard, uphill 1000 m. Lunch to go. We continue our trekking tour to Balea Lake: duration 4 - 5 hours, medium to hard, excellent view throughout the day, uphill/downhill walk: 1.200 m/1.100 m. Accommodation at Balea Chalet in double room, private facilities. Dinner. The cauldron ice age is sheltering the emblematic Balea Lake (4.6 ha, altitude 2034 m) with the most beautiful mountain challet, is by far the most important sports center on altitude in Romanian Carpathians. It is located in the heart of Fagaras Mountains.
Transfagarasan road - built as a strategic military route, it is the highest (2042m) and most dramatic paved road in Romania. It runs North to South across the highest sections of the Carpathian Mountains. The road connects the historic regions of Transylvania and Wallachia.
Fagaras mountains – the highest mountains of Romania and the Carpathian range with highest peak Moldoveanu - 2544m.
Balea Lac is a natural glacier lake at 2040m, 360 meters long, 240 meters wide and 11 meters deep
Day 5: Breakfast. Balea Lake Chalet – Capra Lake – Vanatoarea lui Buteanu Peak – Balea Lake Chalet. We climb another peak over 2500 m high, Vanatoarea lui Buteanu (2507 m) which offer us one of the most spectacular panoramic views over Fagaras Mountains. Lunch to go. Duration: 4-5 hours, medium effort, uphill/downhill walk: 500 m. Accommodation at chalet&dinner.
Day 6: Breakfast. Balea Lake Chalet – Podragu Chalet (2136 m), on the main ridge of Fagaras Mountains. Lunch to go. Duration: 5-6 hours, medium to hard, nice landscape, uphill/downhill walk: 1.100 m/1.000 m. Accommodation at chalet in a room with 12-20 beds: toilets on the hall, cold water, no showers. It is a basic mountain hut. Dinner. The current Podragu cottage was built in the years 1948-1949 by the National Bank of Romania for its employees, being opened in 1950. Currently it is used as tourist cottages.
Day 7: Breakfast. Podragu Chalet – Moldoveanu Peak and return. We climb the highest peak of the Romanian Carpathians, Moldoveanu Peak (2545 m) as well as Vistea Mare Peak, the third highest peak of Romania. Lunch to go. Duration: 6-7 hours, medium effort, uphill/downhill walk: 500 m. Accommodation at chalet. Dinner.
Day 8: Breakfast. Podragu Chalet – Podragu Valley – Victoria town. Lunch to go. Duration: 5-6 hours, downhill walk: 1400 m. Transfer to Bucharest (about 350 km). Accommodation. City tours by night. Dinner.
Day 9: Breakfast. Transfer to the airport.
Details about trekking tour:
- optimal time: July - October
- number of participants: minimum 1, maximum 10.
- transportation will be chosen according to the number of participants.
- mountain tour requires a good physical shape, with resistance to medium effort but for long duration.
- note that you should personally carry all your baggage from day 6 to day 8
- accommodation is done in mountain chalets and boarding houses.
- certified mountain guide during the entire trekking tour.
- the route could be changed because of the weather conditions.
- the price differs according to the number of participants, so please contact me for a final price.
- Compulsory equipment: waterproof hiking boots and clothes; warm clothes.
Required equipment for adventure